The VM-Series is a virtualized form factor of our next-generation firewall that can be deployed in a range of public and private cloud computing environments based on technologies from VMware, Cisco, Citrix, KVM, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft and Google.
In both private and public cloud environments, the VM-Series can be deployed as a perimeter gateway, an IPSec VPN termination point, and a segmentation gateway, preventing threats from moving from workload to workload.
Your virtualized data center is essentially a private cloud, and you are responsible for managing all aspects of the virtualization, hardware, compute, networking and security. The VM-Series allows you to protect your private cloud infrastructure using application enablement policies while simultaneously preventing known and unknown threats. The VM-Series supports the following private cloud environments: VMware® ESXi™, NSX®, Cisco® ACI™, Citrix® NetScaler® SDX™, Microsoft® Hyper-V® and KVM/OpenStack®.
Public cloud environments, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform, provide greater agility, scalability and infrastructure consistency than traditional data centers; yet the risk of data loss and business disruption remain, jeopardizing adoption. Embedding the VM-Series in your application development lifecycle to complement native security services can prevent data loss and business disruption, allowing your public cloud migration to accelerate. The VM-Series supports the following public cloud environments: AWS®, Google® Cloud Platform, Microsoft® Azure® and VMware® vCloud® Air™.
The VM-Series offers a unique combination of visibility, control over your applications and data, and protection against both known and unknown threats. The result is an unprecedented level of security for critical deployments in private and public clouds. Specifically, the VM-Series gives you the ability to:
• VM-50 – engineered to consume minimal resources and support CPU
oversubscription, yet deliver up to 200 Mbps of App-ID-enabled firewall
performance for customer scenarios from virtual branch office/customer
premise equipment to high-density, multi-tenant environments.
• VM-100 and VM-300 – optimized to deliver 2 Gbps and 4 Gbps of App-ID-enabled throughput, respectively, for hybrid cloud, segmentation and internet gateway use cases.
• VM-500 and VM-700 – able to deliver an industry-leading 8 Gbps to 16 Gbps of App-ID enabled firewall performance, respectively, and can be deployed as NFV security components in fully virtualized data center and service provider environments.
|MAX SESSIONS (IPV4 OR IPV6)||50,000||64,000||250,000||250,000||819,200||2,000,000||10,000,000|
|IPSEC-SITE TO SITE||25||250||1000||1,000||2,000||4,000||8,000|
|MAX TUNNELS (SSL, IPSEC & IKE WITH XAUTH)||25||250||500||500||2,000||6,000||12,000|
|APP-ID FIREWALL THROUGHPUT*||200Mbps||200Mbps||2 Gbps||2 Gbps||4 Gbps||8 Gbps||16 Gbps|
|THREAT PREVENTION THROUGHPUT*||100Mbps||100Mbps||1Gbps||1 Gbps||2 Gbps||4 Gbps||8 Gbps|
|IPSEC VPN THROUGHPUT*||100Mbps||100Mbps||1Gbps||1 Gbps||1.8 Gbps||4 Gbps||6 Gbps|
|CONNECTIONS PER SECOND*||3,000||3,000||15,000||15,000||30,000||60,000||120,000|
*1. Firewall throughput measured with App-ID and User-ID features enabled utilizing 64KB HTTP transactions.
2. Threat prevention throughput measured with App-ID, User-ID, IPS, antivirus and anti-spyware features enabled utilizing 64KB HTTP transactions.
3. New sessions per second measured with 4KB HTTP transactions. Additionally, for VM models please refer to hypervisor, cloud specific data sheet for associated performance.